Wednesday, June 24, 2009

White Pizza

This is my recipe for White Pizza. We eat White Pizza in our house because Little man is sensitive to tomatoes and garlic. This recipe is easy peasy, and is a fall-back when we don't have anything planned.
Ingredients:
Prepared Pizza Crust (see note)
1 cup Ricotta Cheese (I'm going to try it with Yogurt cream cheese to see how it gets, but I usually use Ricotta)
Fresh Spinach ( I don't measure, just heap as much on top as I can, maybe 2 cups)
Whatever other toppings you like, I like artichoke hearts and black olives.
1-2 cups fresh mozzarella cheese shredded

Spread the Ricotta chese on the prepared pizza crust, then pile spinach on top and sprinkle with the rest of the toppings, and finish with the mozzarella cheese and bake for 8-10 minutes at 350. I bake directly on the rack, but you can use a pizza stone if you have one.

Note: I've been using a boboli pizza crust, They have a whole wheat option but I haven't checked the ingredients on it. Eventually I would like to make my own pizza dough. If you make your own dough, Shape your dough into a 14" circle and bake for about 8 minutes until the crust is just lightly golden. Then proceed with the above directions.

An interesting note about spinach - Spinach contains Oxalic Acid, which can prevent calcium absorbtion, but Oxalic Acid is neutralized during cooking. Don't let this keep you from eating Spinach, just eat it cooked rather than raw. Spinach has many nutrients, and is easily obtained, it should be a staple in our diet

1 comment: