Monday, June 22, 2009

Salmon and Rice

Dinner tonight was Baked Salmon, Rice, and steamed carrots. I soaked the rice for 7 hours in water and whey, and dumped it into my rice maker because I destroy brown rice when I try and cook it. The recipe also called for some butter and salt. It was the most tender brown rice I have ever had. That recipe is definitely a keeper. I was thrilled to find wild caught salmon at Aldi's for 6.49! It came from China, which I am not thrilled with, but I'm pretty sure, wild is always better than farm, no mater where it comes from. The salmon was just baked in the oven with lemon and butter, and I made up a quick lemon butter dill sauce for it. I definately can get used to eating like this.
Before we went about the rest of the evening, I transfered my sourdough in the making to a new bowl and added some flour and water to it. I'm skeptical as to how this is going to turn out. Right now it smells like a wet field, but it has 6 more days to work its magic so we shall see. I also started soaking some more oatmeal for breakfast tomorrow. I used lemon juice this time instead of whey, so I'm excited to see how it turns out.

No comments:

Post a Comment