Saturday, August 8, 2009

In true Crystal side-trackism

Is that a word? It is now. I don't know if its ADD or Mommy brain, but I can't just do one thing at a time. Both kids were content, so I decided to throw together some bread dough (more on that in a little bit) Well, I couldn't find the measuring cup to measure the water, so I checked the dishwasher, the dishes in the dishwasher were clean, so I started putting them away. While I was putting away dishes, I noticed that I had left a cast iron skillet dirty after melting butter in it, so I turned on the burner, to melt the butter so I could clean it. I found my measuring cup and stuck my water in the microwave to heat it up, finished unloading the dishwasher, and started loading it again, notice my skillet is smoking, so take care of that, and back to loading the dishwasher. By that time my kids had found me and Little man was trying to climb in the dishwasher as usual, and Bug was trying to be a little mama and "help" as much as a 2 year old can help. So here I am writing this post, and my bread is still just some water in the measuring cup

More about the bread. I found this bread recipe on a forum that I frequent, and I was intrigued. Its kind of a cheater sourdough, but requires very little effort and the outcome is Amazing. I made it once with unbleached flour, and this time around I'm going to make do a combo of whole wheat and unbleached. Since the dough sits for awhile I think it should be enough to neutralize the phytic acid. The scientist in me would love to do a study to see if and how long this type of dough needs, but for now I'm just going to worry about actually getting the ingredients in the bowl and making the dough

No comments:

Post a Comment