Sunday, August 16, 2009

Eat Fat Lose Fat

Like most Americans, I want to lose weight, so I picked up the book, Eat Fat, Lose Fat. This book is by the same authors as Nourishing Traditions, and uses the principles of Traditional Cooking to help you lose weight. The book uses a lot of coconut products, because of the health and possible metabolism raising powers of Lauric Acid, which is the main Acid in Coconut oil. You start off on a 2500 calorie a day plan for 2 weeks, and if you don't lose any weight in the first 2 weeks, you go down to 2000 calories a day. You take a 1-2 Tablespoons of Coconut oil 20 minutes prior to eating, which is supposed to help you feel full faster and longer, and only eat 3 meals a day, no snacks.

I started today with Phase 1, the 2500 cal/day plan. I have eaten breakfast and lunch according to the plan. So far the food has been pretty good, I feel a little bit hungry, but not starving by any means. My only complaint so far is the expense of the food, I'm hoping it gets a little better now that I have purchased a few things like spices and oils that are expensive but last a long time. I hope to keep on the plan for the full 2 weeks, and see how things go.

No comments:

Post a Comment